Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Recession of Amnesia Mod Development
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: The Recession of Amnesia Mod Development

i'm gonna be honest i highly doubt that's the reason they're doing that and really they probably don't give a shit if there's big projects being developed. if anything allowing mods to work with amfp is just going to bring more people into the community, many of which will probably already have experience with modding other games and will make bigger and better projects making the current ones look average. sorry if that's a hard pill to swallow but it's the truth.

oh well though. i kind of doubt it's the truth considering i haven't seen a source for this and because the reason amnesia is even a fifth as big as it is is because of custom stories (since that leads to more let's plays which is by far its biggest outlet for attention and presents a reward of sorts for purchasing it, ie "i could make a really scary mod too if i bought this game!" which gets sales from people who otherwise wouldn't be interested, plus it creates a more active community). it's pretty much the biggest shot to the foot they could have taken

Posting Freak
06-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread