The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teleporting after dying and slime appearing?
taylor122002 Offline

Threads: 10
Teleporting after dying and slime appearing?

Hello everybody!
I have a question for the forum as I don't know how to do this.

I am making a map that's Nearly complete! I think I'll end the custom story shortly after this part.

My first question is, you know when you play a custom story or the main story, and when you get to a certain part, the whole screen quickly blacks out and you pant, then you hear the guardian's/shadow's scream, then the screen fades back in and there is the red slime everywhere? How would I do this? I want this to happen as you're going down a hallway. I'm not sure how to set this up though.

I know I can use the SetEntityActive function to make the slime appear and also use the PlayGuiSound for the yell in the background. But I'm horrible at timers. Would I do this for example? Would this also start the timer when the player collides with the script?

AddTimer("Timer1", 5.0f, "T1");

void T1(string &in asTimer);
{
FadeOut(5.0f);
PlayGuiSound(whatever sound file I'll pick.snt", 8);
SetEntityActive("whatever the slime's name is", true)
AddTimer("", 5.0f, "T2");
}

void T2(string &in asTimer);
{
FadeIn(5.0f);
}
so on and so fourth? I'm sorry if that's wrong. I'm pretty bad at Timers.
---------------------------------------

And now my second question, this one should be easier. But I believe it also involves timers as well...

Okay, so when you pick up a certain item, a monster will spawn behind you and kill you. I know that function and how to do it, but how can I teleport the player somewhere else after you die, like as if you got dragged away else where?

What would/could I do to make it so after you die and the death hint shows up, the screen will fade back in and you'll see you're at a completely different location?

I thank everyone in advanced who answers this! Big Grin
02-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Teleporting after dying and slime appearing? - by taylor122002 - 02-18-2013, 08:54 PM