Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teleporting after dying and slime appearing?
T122002 Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Teleporting after dying and slime appearing?

(02-19-2013, 02:21 AM)NaxEla Wrote:
Quote:That's just an example, the asCallback, that's just basically the code for whatever MyFunc is, right?

Yes, asCallback can be anything you'd like, as long as you name is function the same.

Quote:And would I also put this on the OnStart or OnEnter?

If it is in OnStart, the checkpoint will only work the first time the player is in the map. If it is in OnEnter, the checkpoint will be active every time the player enters the map. It depends whether you`re going to have the player be in the map more than once, or not.

Quote:And as I was looking on the forum just now, would I also use the ChangeMap func too? or just stick with the CheckPoint func?

asCallback will be the function that is called when the player dies/respawns, so in that function, you would use ChangeMap IF the new area that the player spawns in is a different map. If the new area is in the same map, you would just use the new StartPos when you call the CheckPoint function.

Fantastic! Thanks for the reply! All of my questions have been answered now!
02-19-2013, 02:57 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teleporting after dying and slime appearing? - by T122002 - 02-19-2013, 02:57 AM