Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: 2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update

(02-19-2013, 08:09 PM)Minecrawler Wrote:
(02-19-2013, 07:48 PM)martinnord Wrote: I think that the main problem with your way of thinking is that you fail to properly seperate Main-character and player. Being immersed into the game does not mean you automatically become Daniel. You're still you, but you inside the game's world if immersion is right. When you use "I", its as if the Main character's head is trying to force himself onto the player.

That's exactly what I want to improve. The problem of Amnesia is that you feels like to be Daniel and not you. The goal of immersion is not when you play a game character. The goal is when you feels like YOU are the game character.

And therefore when I say "I have to find a key" that means I am in the game and thinking for myself or write my own mementos. But when the player said "You have to find a key" that means you are not in the game and the player is just talking to you.

But you are playing as Daniel...? Not yourself.
02-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update - by Traggey - 02-19-2013, 08:14 PM