Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5
RE: 2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update

Semi-long rant
Spoiler below!

(02-19-2013, 07:57 PM)martinnord Wrote: Im not saying im approving of what the guy is saying but what you're saying is abselutely ridiculous criso.
Should the guy not be allowed to criticize a game simply because he could not do better himself?
Though with an arrogant style to it he clearly tries to come with proper arguments for his claims so theres nothing wrong with him criticizing it IMO.
Of you course also have the right to counter his arguments but of all the smart things in the world you could have said you come with the silly "you could not have done it better yourself".
You are correct, but with the authoritarianism he has in the way he has written his "critique" is nothing but slander. I'm not particularly angry at it, I'm rather put off by it. It's like when someone comments on your drawing or 3D model and says, "it's ok, but not good I bet I could do better," in which you proceed to see what they draw or model, and it's complete crap (insert horrible sonic fanfiction drawing here).

It wasn't so much as a critic as it was a, "I know how to make you better, listen to me, because I'm all-knowning". Even if he wasn't trying to do that, he did it. O:

I believe I'm correct in saying, "try doing it yourself and maintain the same quality through a generation of games, without taking too much deviation from the original". It could be easy, to some extent, but it is bloody hard to make something seem new, if you're using the original stuff or at least referencing the original. Smile

-----------

Sorry, you are silly.
English is not my main language, so be calm.

----
I'm perfectly calm. I'm glad you saw the little humor in there that you did (referring to your "you are silly").

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
02-19-2013, 08:15 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update - by crisosphinx - 02-19-2013, 08:15 PM