Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: 2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update

Quote: This is a Googolplex alt, isn't it.
Of course it is - there were exactly two german fans of the Gothic series in this forum. One is me, the other... Big Grin
Quote: Because when you say "Find something" that sounds like a hint given by the computer or an other person, but not by you.
Aah, I think here lies the language problem! You see, the translation for "find something" in this case would not be "finde etwas", but rather "etwas finden". It's an abbreviated way of writing a short note to yourself, a to do list basically. Only in english you don't use the infinitive ("to find something") for that, as you would in german, you use an imperative (I think it's an imperative?)...
Anyway, I'm glad we agree that player written notes need to come back to gaming! No more handholding, make the player think for himself again Wink
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2013, 12:02 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
02-20-2013, 11:18 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update - by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 02-20-2013, 11:18 AM