Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Are Amnesia players adults or teens?
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens?

(03-08-2013, 03:19 PM)Diz Wrote: If you think about it for a moment, Amnesia is not really intended for younger audience. It is not an action game, it is a game with great yet very grotesque story, containing torture methods and the absolute dark side of the human psyche, dragging you through an intense atmosphere which never lets you go from start to finish of the game.

Players react differently based on personality and their ability on immersion and, not least, interest, not necessarily on age. There are many players who find Amnesia to be quite boring, either because they crave for action or because they simply fail to immerse themselves. If you were genuinely thrown into this world and it truly became you who woke up in the start of the game, clueless about what is going on while wandering the halls of a dark castle, hearing a lot of creepy sounds and ending up spotting things, chances are you would piss yourself and eventually faint or go insane. This is also a reason why a lot of players, including myself, feel that Amnesia is such an excellent horror experience - we feel that we are actually in the game, and it eventually drives us insane.

When playing it, you do have to help with the experience. You must allow yourself to be immersed, and you must turn off all the lights and play with loud sound (preferably with headphones).

If you have a hard time imagining a computer game terrifying an adult player, then these kind of games may not be for you. You can be certain, however, that many adult players deem Amnesia as the scariest and creepiest game to date, implementing true horror from start to finish of the gameplay. =)
It is that scary. Although i immersed myself when i play, i never turn off the lights (I keep the volume to max.). If i do, i have to change an underwear and pants about 5-10 minutes later.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - by jiersk - 03-08-2013, 02:24 PM
RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - by Diz - 03-08-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - by PutraenusAlivius - 03-08-2013, 03:22 PM
RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - by Diz - 03-08-2013, 03:33 PM
RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - by Diz - 03-08-2013, 04:20 PM
RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - by Diz - 03-10-2013, 03:13 PM
RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - by Diz - 03-10-2013, 05:41 PM