Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia Launcher Won't Start and Can't Uninstall
ThoseRandomGuyz Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia Launcher Won't Start

Okay, for anyone who has the same problems I did, here is the solution (thanks to jens for this too):

1. Extract the file bins over to the original file, then extract the application over/run the installer. Again, choose the original folder with all of the Amnesia stuff. You do not need to uninstall the game first; just simply install the game to the folder, and it should overwrite (and apparently, your saves also remain intact).

2. Your custom stories and full conversions will remain if you simply reinstall the game to the main folder without uninstalling the game first

3. If you do try to uninstall, but you get an error saying you do not have the uninst.msg or whatever, then when you first downloaded it, a security system prevented its being (McAfee calls it a "trojan," for it can delete the files, which is why it was blocked in the first place).

Okay, thank you jens for helping me solve my crisis! And I hope this helps out anyone else having these sort of problems.

I will review all of your custom stories (when I find time!)!
03-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia Launcher Won't Start - by Gharren - 03-10-2013, 02:56 AM
RE: Amnesia Launcher Won't Start - by jens - 03-10-2013, 09:28 AM
RE: Amnesia Launcher Won't Start - by ThoseRandomGuyz - 03-10-2013, 11:06 PM