Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

*SPOILER* the ending of ep2 - fairly disappointed
PeeWee Offline

Threads: 0
RE: *SPOILER* the ending of ep2 - fairly disappointed

I just posted this in the spoilers forum, but here it is again:

Just beat BP a few minutes ago.

It's pretty clear that Philip wants the Turngaiit and everything destroyed.

The only question I have (and there isn't a clear answer to it, but I like it better this way anyway) is whether or not he is actually doing what the Turngaiit wanted him to do or not.

Think about it. The Turngaiit explained that it understands human nature. Perhaps it asked Philip to keep people away knowing full well that Philip would get more people to come to the facility, thereby giving the Turngaiit more individuals that could join it. Perhaps this is its way of once again rising to power on the Earth. It stated that before it was plentiful, and lived with the humans, but that as time marched on and technology advanced it was driven away. Is it possible that it harbors hate (or something akin to that) for mankind? Maybe it wishes to gather enough power to its side to expand outside of the facility, but it needs more people to do so. In this way, Philip may be helping it out without actually knowing it.

But then again I might be reading too much into it. Perhaps it is cut and dry, but it's fun to think about.
09-04-2008, 05:48 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread