Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Were you afraid when you played Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, the game freaked me out lots of times!
66.67%
2 66.67%
No, just a few times but it wasnt really much.
33.33%
1 33.33%
I would be more afraid of my little ponies then this.
0%
0 0%
Yes, it gave me nightmares, I never played such a scary game!
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Maya crashes when exporting things with OpenCOLLADA
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Maya crashes when exporting things with OpenCOLLADA

It's what you plug into the color-slot in Maya's material. It's usually called a diffuse texture, so I forgot Maya simply calls it color. (And uses the name "diffuse" for a different value in the material) Sorry about that.
Here's a little cheat-sheet for the several maps that you can apply to a model and how they're often called Big Grin

Diffuse = color
Specular = shininess
Gloss = shininess falloff (plastic ball = high gloss, brushed metal = low gloss. Both are shiny, but the falloff is different.)
Normal = an improved version of a bump map that fakes surface details.
Alpha = translucency (Black is completely translucent, white is completely opaque.)

Note that in hpl, specular and gloss are merged into one map. The red channel contains a greyscale spec, the green channel a greyscale gloss. You can use a simple greyscale image instead, but your spec and gloss will always have the same value which might not give you a perfect result.
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2013, 10:58 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
04-15-2013, 05:42 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maya crashes when exporting things with OpenCOLLADA - by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 04-15-2013, 05:42 PM