Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

H.P Lovecraft
Guyra Offline

Threads: 2
RE: H.P Lovecraft

I became interested in Lovecraft a long time ago, but didn't get around to buying any books with his work until about six months ago. Only about 1/6th done with reading through all his works, as I don't read that often, though.

When I started playing Penumbra, I didn't know it was Lovecraft inspired. However, I was pretty sure already in the intro of Overture that it had been inspired by him, because of the storytelling style.

And it was fun finding a copy of Necronomicon in the library in the game! xD Oh, and the names of the protagonist(Philip) and his father(Howard). (Lovecraft's first name is Howard, his second/middle name is Phillips.) xD

I think there was more, but I can't recall it right now. Oh yeah, that "invisible" guy in Black Plague reminded me of Rats in the Walls - a story by Lovecraft I recommend. Smile

Anyway, I also suggest getting the books. You can get all of his works in books for just about nothing, so cost shouldn't really be a problem, for anyone. Wink
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2008, 12:19 PM by morris.)
06-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
H.P Lovecraft - by Coldine - 06-17-2008, 05:24 AM