Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If I bought the retail version, is the serial key stored in my redist folder or DVD ?
Petike Offline

Threads: 35
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 1 Week ago RE: If I bought the retail version, is the serial key stored in my redist folder or DVD ?

Well, it would seem logical.

I do hope they weren't that dumb that they put the serial key sticker of my retail version on the envelope it was delivered in. That would be just beyond stupid. Dodgy

You know what, I'm going to try reverting my Windows settings. Just to see if this solution works and can revert the DLC install. There's nothing to lose with it at this point, even if the helpedsk replies to me with a reasonable solution for this whole DLC debacle. Undecided I'll be back in a few minutes.

OK, it has actually succeeded. Big Grin

But in a very weird way.

It seems that the new exe, new launcher and other new files had probably not been erased. The game itself is playable, but the Czech language localization of the GUI and HUD seems to be gone. But, frankly, I expected something like that to happen, given that the DLC has its texts in English, not in Czech. I think there might be a Czech language version of the DLC, but I forgot to check up until now.

Though, in any case, it isn't asking for the serial key. At least for now. I'm still not really satisfied with how things went. I'll wait for the retailer's answer and once I'm sure I can uninstall the game completely and do a clean install for both the vanilla version and the DLC, I'll do so. Until then, I'll avoid playing the game for longer amounts of time and avoid playing custom stories. The existing problems with the DLC's compatibility are bad enough. I don't need to add to them even further... Sad

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2013, 02:46 AM by Petike.)
06-01-2013, 02:31 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: If I bought the retail version, is the serial key stored in my redist folder or DVD ? - by Petike - 06-01-2013, 02:31 AM