The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

MacOSX 10.8 - Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
oipoistar Offline

Threads: 1
MacOSX 10.8 - Undefined symbols for architecture i386:

Everything compiles fine but when linking i get the following error message:

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
"cOAL_CustomStream::cOAL_CustomStream(tStreamCallbacks const&, tStreamInfo const&, void*)", referenced from:
cOAL_Device::LoadCustomStream(tStreamCallbacks const&, tStreamInfo const&, void*)in libOALWrapper.a(OAL_Device.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I made sure that each project and product has i386 set. The compiler used is GCC. I am building in Xcode 4.6.2.

I also check the build .a files, unachieved them and used the file command to check if they are i386 or x86_64 and they all are i386. Also the source file which contains the above missing class/method is included in the build sources list.

Well, after wasting hours to fix this and giving up and asking for help it took a few minutes to figure it out. For some reason OAL_CustomStreams.cpp was not included in the project but was present on the drive. I just added it and it now compiles and links just fine.
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2013, 12:50 PM by oipoistar.)
06-18-2013, 12:05 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
MacOSX 10.8 - Undefined symbols for architecture i386: - by oipoistar - 06-18-2013, 12:05 PM