Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Interaction
Lince Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Interaction

I see… that's one twitchy arm!

I'm sure there are ways to make something like that but witout all the strange arm work. I mean, I don't really need to see my arm completely extended to pick up and activate items! Just… click and the arm extends and picks something up (in a realistic way, may need both hands for big objects) without much flailing.

Did anyone play Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth? I loved that game, because part of the wonderful atmosphere was that it actually showed the character hands (not always, unfortunately). For example, when opening a safe you could see the protagonist's hands turning the wheel, and sometimes in scripted cinematics he would try to cover his face with his hands.

But anyway, I only brought this up for picking up items because it was really annoying when I picked up something that I would hold close to me in real life, and instead it was hovering kind of far from me, hitting every obstacle and falling (or I tried to turn the camera quickly when holding it and it kind of fell along the way).

Another thing I didn't like was that sometimes, a barrel would fall sideways, and I had to hit it around the place so that I could put it vertical. Maybe if there was a way to more or less "fix" the item position when held (I mean, you'd be holding it tight), and then rotate it in a more controlled fashion (over each axis, for example). That way I could pick up a barrel and put it vertical without the need to bump it all over the place Wink

Don't get me wrong, I liked the game a lot, and all these are only ideas that came to my mind when playing.

That, and I would have loved to see Phillip's fists clenched in anger when Clarence did one of his tricks Big Grin

Good game Smile
08-05-2008, 02:33 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Interaction - by Lince - 08-03-2008, 07:19 PM