Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia

(08-30-2013, 04:39 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: Puzzles are much too often too superficial and artificial that they don't feel like a integrated part of the game world.

There are a lot of puzzles not realistic in Amnesia. That doesn't mean Penumbra is more realistic.

(08-30-2013, 04:39 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: And by what you mean ''forced horror'' in Amnesia? Few doors suddenly opened by a wind? flash-backs? What is wrong with that?

The door scares happens three times in follow. First in Rainy Hall, second before you enter the Old Archives, and the third one is in the Old Archives. I think that's a bit too much of the same jumpscare. And well, the flashbacks are a bit breaking the immersion. In Penumbra it was plausible, because Philip found a radio. OK, in Amnesia it are the memories of Daniel, but not always it's logic. But I mainly mean that Amnesia sometimes wants to be scary when nothing happens and make a screen shake or something. That ruins the immersion for me. I felt more isolated when the game feels not like a game, rather more earnestly. I like the old mining shafts with the dogs behind a gate or the spider tunnel in Penumbra, that felt not like computer-enemies to me, it felt like real dangerous animals and created the most oppressive atmosphere to me, what means a better immersion at all.
08-30-2013, 06:59 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia - by Googolplex - 08-30-2013, 06:59 PM