The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Nostalgia trouble
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
Nostalgia trouble

Lately, I've been experiencing periodic bouts of intense and almost crippling nostalgia.

Two days ago, I was walking down a street lined with food shops when it became really dark. The sun was setting behind dark purple clouds and the sky was a dull pink colour. I was instantly reminded of myself at ages 6 - 10 when I used to do a lot of evening and nighttime shopping. No particular memory comes to mind, just a period of time when evening shopping was prevalent in my life, and I suddenly felt extremely sad.

Just yesterday, I went for a chilly nighttime walk, particularly to do some stargazing. I recently moved to a quiet suburban location so the view is much clearer here. I don't even recall what memory triggered here but again I felt an intense sadness simply gazing up at the stars. It's a very wistful sort of sadness that causes me to experience a brief burst of happiness, but afterwards I sink into a brooding state which feels rather depressing.

Only about an hour ago I listened to a piano piece that I had enjoyed a lot back when I was 12 and I experienced this nostalgia again. I've always felt nostalgic in response to a variety of things, but never this intense. It hasn't developed to the point where the nostalgia is distracting me from my daily functioning, but it has gotten pretty close - I've stopped before and stood still for several minutes just to reminisce only to feel very depressed afterwards.

Does this happen to everybody around my age (18), or should I see a councillor?

[Image: p229xcq]
09-07-2013, 04:16 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Nostalgia trouble - by Froge - 09-07-2013, 04:16 AM
RE: Nostalgia trouble - by Paddy™ - 09-07-2013, 04:37 AM
RE: Nostalgia trouble - by Froge - 09-07-2013, 05:17 AM
RE: Nostalgia trouble - by Focalize - 09-07-2013, 07:20 AM
RE: Nostalgia trouble - by Bridge - 09-07-2013, 10:32 AM
RE: Nostalgia trouble - by Cuyir - 09-07-2013, 03:55 PM
RE: Nostalgia trouble - by Daemian - 09-07-2013, 06:10 PM