Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism

(10-02-2013, 03:51 PM)grrrz Wrote: I obvisouly won't speak for them, but their jobs is to make games, not sit quietly and take loads of craps from strangers for free. The smart move would possibly not to react at all, even on this forum that is overall a little less crual. Ok so they may have overhyped the fear elements, and it was really more an advertising thing than "intellectual honesty", and maybe not such a good idea (also a bit funny and ironic I think after reading it). I missed all of this as "fear" and "horror" alone is not what dragged me to the FG series.
But you even can't really say they failed at it, "fear" is a subjective feeling, it's doesn't go on a scale or meter (not more than sanity...), there are very different kind of fear.
I also think that there a few flaws in the game, but from what I've red from the Chinese Room people, from frictional games approach, and from playing the game, I feel they completely succeeded at what they set out to do in the first place, and for every little thing people don't like they have an honest justification that fits their artistic vision, and they wouldn't had it any other way. For me this shows intellectual honesty, and intergrity, something that's a bit underrated in the whole "video game industry".

I'm sorry, but I just can't resist myself.
obviously*
cruel*
read*
integrity*

But seriously, you're right. They did succeed.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
10-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism - by PutraenusAlivius - 10-02-2013, 04:21 PM