Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
My main problem with AMFP: Observer vs. Participator
sailornaruto39 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: My main problem with AMFP: Observer vs. Participator

I agree with you (hey we agree on something)
I want to go over the cons of this game

-Lack of game mechanics
The remove of the various mechnics in what made amnesia unique ruined the gameplay. I wouldn't have had so much of a problem had they at least added something new and useful. There was the one thing where you could turn on the lamp but it's a relatively bright game nor are the lamps that bright and you have an infinite lantern.

-The overdone and excessive notes
Often times when I see someone defending this game they say "well at least the story was good.
I personally don't think it was that good,but certainly the purple prose note could've been toned down to be a little easier to understand. I mean I know they are high class ppl from back in the day, but so were Daniel and Alexander.

-Lack of scares and monsters
*sigh*

-lack of music
There was no chase music and there was hardly ever any music ever being played, What did play was ok but I wish there would've been more to it.

Apparently the games wasn't suppose to be scary but a dark psychological story driven game (according to John) that actually makes sense and would be fine(not really for me I find games like that boring) had it not been for the association with Amnesia.

Really what were they thinking? Were they not aware of the expectations? I had a feeling a little while after I heard there was going to be a squeal that I might be disapointed, when I heard it would not be by FG, I was even more worried, then I looked up some reviews and read some comments and way dispointed. Now I finsihed John's playthrough and my disapointment is confirmed.

If they wanted to make something different than why not just make it different? Why sully the name of amnesia?
09-16-2013, 10:41 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: My main problem with AMFP: Observer vs. Participator - by sailornaruto39 - 09-16-2013, 10:41 AM