Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

FG's appeal ended together with Penumbra?
Soul Reaver Offline

Threads: 1
RE: FG's appeal ended together with Penumbra?

That's funny.

(09-17-2013, 02:44 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: I really hate when people try to make their own subjective opinion and experience like as a well known fact.

Yet, you claim:

(09-17-2013, 02:44 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: Frictional doesn't need to find it's own way or anything right that, because they are on the right path, and Penumbra although a decent game, is still their worst game.

That's just your opinion and I respect it.
However, I don't see any specific points in your post except that you think Amnesia is better than Penumbra overall and that you don't value puzzles anyway.

(09-17-2013, 02:44 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: They also pushed the feeling of dread and horror at much higher level than Penumbra.

I have to agree with you here, however this feeling deteriorates much quicker in Amnesia than in Penumbra. Amnesia is just too based on jump scares and scripted events which you already know after completing it for the second time. Penumbra has these too, however not in such an extent and let's not forget that Penumbra employs real enemies while you can just wait in Amnesia until they vanish.

It's just not a challenge once you realize that and hence the atmosphere you praise so much quickly dissolves like the enemies.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2013, 02:07 PM by Soul Reaver.)
09-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: FG's appeal ended together with Penumbra? - by Soul Reaver - 09-18-2013, 02:05 PM