Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Lux Tenebras: Decyphered
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Lux Tenebras: Decyphered

(01-04-2009, 03:54 AM)spukrian Wrote: Petike is correct, the Archaic does seem to be about 9000 years old...

No, that's wrong. They were founded 1519 AD, I think it's in Black Plague. Francesco Melzi is an actual historical person who was thought to be Da Vinci's lover. What actually happened (according to the Penumbraverse now) is that Da Vinci taught Melzi lots of secrets he knew, leading to the creating of the Archaic.
One thing mentioned is a flying machine (historically correct, I think Da Vinci did have blueprints for both a flying machine and a submarine) that didn't work... "limited to human materials", suggesting that Da Vinci somehow had contact with aliens, alien technology or something alike.

In a a report by the Chief Attending Xeno Officer (kind of strange, because the one year old staff list doesn't mention one so he/she must have arrived sometime right before the outbreak) it says:
Phase 9, Anno 9002 (Anno Domini 1992)
So their zero would be 7010 years BC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7th_millennium_BC). That wasn't eventful.
I haven't looked into it but I think it is possible that their Phase/Anno does not equal our Month/Year, although I think I saw something saying it did somewhere in the game. Perhaps it's an Inuit calendar or something.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
01-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Lux Tenebras: Decyphered - by NeroAngelos - 09-07-2008, 04:49 PM