Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eternium: Sins of the Father [Full Release]
daortir Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Eternium: Sins of the Father [Full Release]

That review was insanely rough and I really doubt it is honest. I'll play the mod by myself and I'll get my very personal opinion on it. Be right back.

Edit :
I had the same problem as The Chaser.

Spoiler below!
I picked the Acid, the container, and the Key. Used the key on the door but it really doesn't seem to give much fuck about it, since nothing happens when I click on it. I am bad with scripting, but in you script it seems that picking the container sets the ready to leave variable to 0.

=> SetLocalVarInt("ReadyToLeave", 0);

Since i found the container after the acid, the ReadyToLeave variable was at 1 when I picked the acid, then it came back to 0, then to 1 when I used the key, am I right ? That's not enough to unlock the door.

About what I played, I have a few things to say !
Good job with the mapping, I think it looks really great. That's just my very humble opinion, but I think you did a great job with it. The few notes I found are well-written, and we can see you put a lot of efforts into little details, which is always great to see. It makes the CS enjoyable to play : you enjoyed making it, and we enjoy playing it.

I also appreciate the way you deal with level doors. Actually, I really like the fact that you tried something new. In my humble opinion, you should have explained it first, because I was pretty mindfucked at first, and it is true that it can be annoying to leave a map when you don't want to. But still, I LOVE to see new gameplay elements in a mod. It's sooo sweet to see something unexpected in a CS/FC.

I found some glitching textures in the very first room by the way, check out the top of the wooden structures when looking at it from the desk on top of the stairs. Also, the cloth pile in the cellar_lab map is glitching with the papers.

About the scares, I like the atmosphere you created, though I really think the closet scare is not really good, because you see it coming. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean I prefer retarded teleporting naked guys that you don't expect, but it was just way too obvious since there was nowhere else the monster could have gone. Maybe even making the event happen when walking near the closet after picking the key would have been better, or even not showing the monster at all before. Making it happen in a way we couldn't really see coming.

So.

So far, the mod is great, I like the level design and the little details, and I'll tell more about that when I'll have played all the levels. The closet scare is too obvious though. I really like the fact that you tried to implement new stuff in the FC, it's really nice to play !

A lot of work in that mod, and we feel it. Keep up the good work !

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2013, 05:38 PM by daortir.)
11-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread