Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Self-Advertising, and Proper Marketing - Getting Your Mod/Custom Story Known
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Self-Advertising, and Proper Marketing - Getting Your Mod/Custom Story Known

These are all possible ideas guys, but like I said earlier: The forums I feel already have a good enough deal of custom story exposure given the Showcase section, and the abundance of people that come on here everyday. It could definitely use more exposure don't get me wrong, but at the very most that's more considered the secondary reason I made this thread.

The primary is how a creator is to get word of his mod out effectively beyond the walls of these forums to perhaps the ModDB community, Youtube community, etc. People who know about Amnesia mods, but not necessarily follow them all that often, or get notified of new ones.

Successfully marketing a mod to these people will likely mean that mod's audience may very well likely beyond be triple of what it may have been if it was just left on the forums. The potential players on this forums is greatly dwarfed by the amount of Amnesia fans which are scattered all across the internet.

How do you think one can broadcast/market their works to these people? A way I've currently thought of is similar to what FG did with AMFP, give it out to Yotubers who may be able to help spread the word (Doesn't even have to be the big ones), or ask them to help give shout-outs. Alternatively one could also continuously update on a mod's status on somewhere like ModDB perhaps to increase likelihood of exposure.

EDIT: Just so we're clear it doesn't mean that I DON'T want to see forum suggestions. Throw those out if you like as well! Just remember that if you can think of wider-scale things that'd be even better perhaps! Smile

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2013, 02:19 PM by Kreekakon.)
09-25-2013, 01:43 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Self-Advertising, and Proper Marketing - Getting Your Mod/Custom Story Known - by Kreekakon - 09-25-2013, 01:43 PM