Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Theory
Rodogaar Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Theory

Well

I think he made the machine, but it is not impossible that the ending was an illusion. As you pointed out, the static noises and teleporting to new rooms. In addition to the fact that the first time you see the heart, it actually looks like a machine, while the second time it's turned into a huge Aztec (Maya?) tempel.

Another way of interpreting it is the tangent-universe elements that have been a part of both the Amnesia games. In TDD it was said that if you could control the power of the orb you could transcend into other dimensions, however most people in possession of an orb would just be engulfed in its darkness.

In AMFP we're told about creatures in the water who have been exposed to compound X for such a long time, that they flicker in and out of existence and into parallel universes or something like that. Kind of like viritual particles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_particle). I believe the lightning-pigs work in somewhat the same way. They teleport, don't they?

Oswald did find such an orb in Mexico (i believe?). And maybe it gave him great power to create a huge-ass machine. But as we was exposed to way too much compound x, he suffered the same fate as the water-deamons. That is. He could not "hold onto" reality anymore, and as madness comsumed him, he drifted into his own personal pocket-dimension, in which the tempel symbolized the heart of the machine and the epitome of all his sins.

Nevertheless. The last part. Where he walks into a lake of blood, can not be "real". Why would he build an elevator in the middle of a blood-lake? Same goes for the tempel.

I never quite understood the meaning of the heart that was help up in the air by some mechanical arms. The one you shut down. Was it some kind of metaphore?

So yeh. My thoughts are a bit cloudy before i get my first dosage of caffeine. Might be just bollocks what I just wrote.

Anyways. We must not forget that TCR made this, and tbh it felt kind of like a stand-alone-game, which wasn't really connected to TDD at all. Except from a few things of course.

Thomas Grip did say that AMFP was TCHs go at the Amnesia concept. I think it happened kind of like this:

Thomas: Okey. You make scary atmospheric games. I make scary atmospheric games. Wouldn't it be cool if you used our engine and themes to tell one of your stories? Great! Then I can work on the super secret project while you guys publish a new game!
10-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Theory - by Froge - 09-30-2013, 02:49 AM
RE: Theory - by Cuyir - 09-30-2013, 02:55 AM
RE: Theory - by Shambles - 09-30-2013, 03:01 AM
RE: Theory - by Alardem - 09-30-2013, 03:50 AM
RE: Theory - by Cuyir - 09-30-2013, 04:52 AM
RE: Theory - by Froge - 09-30-2013, 04:15 AM
RE: Theory - by Kein - 10-01-2013, 01:31 AM
RE: Theory - by 7heDubz - 10-06-2013, 04:48 AM
RE: Theory - by Rodogaar - 10-01-2013, 10:19 AM