The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Issues Help PineTree model animation. ModelEditor viewer = crash!
jssjr90 Offline

Threads: 39
PineTree model animation. ModelEditor viewer = crash!

My main goal is this if possible. To have an entity object, create an animation for the entity, and call different animations to that entity upon command.

Important notes:

- I am using Maya 2011 64bit.
- export type: OpenCOLLADA.

- Strangely enough, when I do have a skeleton on the base model, I can see the skeleton in the Model Viewer, but it does not show or play the animation. I do understand you half to link the animation to the model in the Model Editor.

My main problem so far is to view the animation file in the ModelEditor View port (The gear icon on the bottom of the screen).
Once I click that, the whole thing crashes, causing a blackbox error.
More specifically when looking at the .log file for the ModelEditor, this is what it says for the true error.

"
Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/entities/AJohns AnimatedModels/PineTree2/PineTree2_Idle.dae_anim'
WARNING: No 'extra scene' element found!"

So I want to make sure I get this whole procedure right when it comes to exporting your animations. I do know that a animation object must be in the entities folder. And with in that folder you must have the following.

Model itself:
.dae/.msh.
Textures to the model:
.dds
Animation files:
.ma (Maya ASCII File)
.yourmodel_youranimationname.dae_anim

I believe that's all the files you need. Now I do have a few questions about my problem.

1. When saving the .ma file, does the file need the animation rig with in the file? Or can it be fine without the animation rigs, just the model itself?

2. I have seen other examples of models with animation. Most of them have 2 of the same files. for example:
- .yourmodel_youranimationname.dae_anim
- .yourmodel_youranimationname.dae

I can only select the .dae_anim file when linking animations to my model in the ModelEditor. What is the other one for?

3. Do I need to bake the animation in Maya? And if so, is this baking needed for the .ma (Maya ASCII File) if that file is required to have the rigged animation?

3a. Does there need to be an animation on the base model? As in its the default animation when you place it in the Level Editor.

4. (AnimatedModels/PineTree2/PineTree2_Idle.dae_anim'
WARNING: No 'extra scene' element found!")
What does this mean? No 'extra scene' element found!

5. Do I need to add "wait" to the bones for the animation file to work right?

6. I heard you half to set the bones to the y axis for the rig to work right in amnesia, is this true? And if so, how can I achieve that?

7. Is Maya 2011 compadable with Amnesia for animating models with the OpenCOLLADA?

Ive trying to figure this animation for amnesia thing for the past 9 hours straight. And there is hardly any documentation on how to rig models for amnesia, if not any. So I have allot of questions to this animation stuff, any help would be vary much greatly appreciated.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2013, 09:04 PM by jssjr90.)
10-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
PineTree model animation. ModelEditor viewer = crash! - by jssjr90 - 10-09-2013, 07:39 AM