The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac OS X Mavericks Problems (Editors)
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago Mac OS X Mavericks Problems (Editors)

Alright, so I recently updated my operating system to the latest Mac OS X 10.9, namely Mavericks, and so I found a couple of things from Mountain Lion incompatible. One of these things which I have not managed to get an update for and fix, is the Amnesia Editors. All of them. There seems to be something in this OS that causes them to crash on startup, or rather prevent startup. The game works fine though.

Whenever I try to open any of the editors, I am greeted with this message:

[Image: hpl2error1.png]

FATAL ERROR: Could not load vertex buffer from mesh 'core_box.dae'

Now, I thought perhaps a reinstall would work, but unless absolutely necessary, I'd rather not due to many customised files. Another thing that makes me believe a reinstall will not work is the log.

I went to /Frictional Games/HPL2 and took a look at the LevelEditor.log file. Since all editors crash with the same message, I just looked at that one and found this:

ERROR: Couldn't find test file '_test_array_support_frag.glsl' in resources
ATTENTION: System does not support const arrays in glsl!
ERROR: Couldn't find file 'deferred_base_vtx.glsl' in resources
ERROR: Could not load material 'Deferred' shader 'deferred_base_vtx.glsl'
ERROR: Couldn't load mesh 'core_box.dae'
FATAL ERROR: Could not load vertex buffer from mesh 'core_box.dae'

The second line makes me believe there are some compatibility issues with the OS. So I'm rendered helpless here for now I believe, unless I install the game and editors on my Windows partition. If anyone are considering updating their OS to 10.9, I strongly suggest waiting for the 10.9.1 patch to avoid at least a few issues.

So I suppose I can do nothing else than wait for Frictional to release an update as a compatibility patch or something. Of course if anyone else has encountered this and found a workaround, please do tell me =)

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2014, 05:44 PM by Mudbill.)
10-27-2013, 11:24 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Mac OS X Mavericks Problems (Editors) - by Mudbill - 10-27-2013, 11:24 AM
RE: Mac OS X Mavericks Problems (Editors) - by Guest - 06-07-2014, 05:47 PM