The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Endo's Top 10 CS/FC Mods, (Including Upcoming Mods)
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17
Endo's Top 10 CS/FC Mods, (Including Upcoming Mods)

So i've made a list of the best mods in terms of mapping, atmosphere, sound and scariness.

This is just my opinions however.

10: The Attic.
The Attic is an amnesia custom story made by Seth1466 in 2011 and it got quite a reputation on moddb and Frictional’s forums. The mod was quite good yet there was a couple of things that held it back such as
95% of all the scares are jumpscares
The further you get in the story, the more confusing it gets
It has a good story line, but there's not much story while playing
No music and few effects
Easy and rushed ending.

9: Detorcium.
Detorcium is another amnesia custom story created by jane18CZ on moddb. This mod has an interesting story and a good build up yet the mapping isn’t exactly breathtaking and the voice acting is quite uh staticy?

8: White Night.
White Night has a big reputation on moddb and FG Forums for being the first full conversion mod for the dark descent. It’s a rather good mod and it has a nice story and exceptional voice acting yet there is a couple of things that held it back on this list. The mod is not exactly scary to be honest and the mapping is quite confusing and gets a bit bland half the time but most of it was great.

7: Gary - Dark Secrets.
Gary Dark Secrets is an amnesia full conversion by SebastianMRM and ReadingNotAllowed. The mod features a flashlight to begin with and it features some very good voice acting along with some nice mapping. The scares though were very expected and they started losing their touch after a while.

6: Mental Memorial.
Mental Memorial is another full conversion by DnALANGE from ModDB and FG Forums. The mod has some interesting features and nice mapping but the voice acting is a bit low quality and the scares were just expected and I got bored with them half way through.

5: PEIRAPRIGOND.
PEIRAPRIGOND is an amnesia custom story made by Landvaettr on ModDB. The mod features some interesting level design and an original story. The length is quite long and without a lantern your blind… and the maps are darker then a black mans cape.

4: The Great Work
The Great Work by Damascus and Crisosphinx is a great mod with an amazing story and original custom enemies. The mod has some great mapping yet some maps are a bit bland but that’s swiftly taken care of by better maps incoming as you play.

3: The Mansion 1408.
Made by Tiero and MyRedNeptune on ModDB in 2013. This mod features some of the best mapping in a custom story since 2010. the mod is based out of the Stephen King story 1408 and it’s quite an enjoyable experience yet the length is quite short.

2: Sins of The Father: Eternium.
Eternium is a Full Conversion by Robosprog on moddb and FG Forums. This mod has some excellent mapping and a interesting story. The mod barely makes use of the lantern because in Sprog’s words “Fuck Lanterns”. The mod has some scary moments and the mod dosen’t really have a downside to it except that the length is a bit short and the ending is quite unexpected.

1: CLOSURE
Closure by SonataArctica is an upcoming mod for amnesia. It almost looks like a new game and will be released by may 2014. The mapping from screenshots appears quite good and has a cry of fear feel to it and the story is quite penumbra-esque.

If there is any other great mods i've overlooked, Let me know and I'll add my opinons

The International Narcotics Traffic
12-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Endo's Top 10 CS/FC Mods, (Including Upcoming Mods) - by Gilligan's Hell - 12-09-2013, 04:32 PM