Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Secluded - Indie Thriller/Light Horror Game
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: [need testers] Secluded - Shameless Advertising of a Game I'm Working On

I won't really test play this, but based on the trailer, I'll give you what I think:

Pros:
- Love the Isometric layout. I really enjoyed Final Fantasy Tactics and AoE gaming, which had a similar view. Looks better than a flat 2D environment in my opinion.
- The inside of 3B is pretty good as well. I like how the environment's clock is the main sound.
- The build up plot that you have is not too bad, however I think it is a bit cliche. Regardless, a lot of good stories have come out of it
- The animations are great so far.

Cons
- If you're gonna rely on text speech, make sure not to have large slabs of text on a timer. Either give the player to click or press something, or break it up a little bit.
- Some people may find the clicking to go somewhere a bit tedious. Interacting, maybe not, but for movement, MAYBE.

From a Devs perspective, just have a think about the cons, and look to find ways of tackling them, but you don't have to do much Smile Take the pros and make sure to look over later things to find if you can make them better, or take options in the later levels and incorporate into the older.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-16-2013, 01:10 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [need testers] Secluded - Shameless Advertising of a Game I'm Working On - by Romulator - 12-16-2013, 01:10 AM