Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What made you play Amnesia or when was the first time you heard of it?
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15
RE: What made you play Amnesia or when was the first time you heard of it?

My foreign friend recommended this game to me back in like, 2011 I think? Might've been near the end of 2010. Had never been as scared of a video game in my life. Hell, the first grunt that I saw in the Archives looked like he had a fisherman's yellow coat lol (I was put off because of the startling encounter and thought I saw things that weren't really there).

I had reached the Wine Cellar when my other friend came to visit me, and I thought I'd introduce the game to him. At first, as nothing was really happening, he didn't find it too scary and kept talking about how some other games that he had played were a lot creepier. But the moment that I picked the laudanum up, and the grunt in the end of the hallway spawned, we both screamed for about a minute and kept pausing and resuming the game in panic, which is when he took his words back as well lol.

Took me several days to finish the game after all the horrid encounters with the water monster, Storage grunts and Prison. Afterwards I played many different custom stories, the first of which that I played was Abduction, if I recall correctly. I must say Amnesia is the best horror game that I've ever played and it got me into the horror genre itself!

01-08-2014, 09:06 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What made you play Amnesia or when was the first time you heard of it? - by GrAVit - 01-08-2014, 09:06 AM