Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Amnesia - Looking for custom objects
daortir Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Amnesia - Looking for custom objects

First of all I am glad I managed to make you interested !

About the "Through the Portal" style, I can not think of many mods that tried to achieve this. I am trying to create very innovative environments for my Custom Story, maybe you'll find a bit of inspiration there, who knows ^^.

Other mods have been extremely creative with the assets, did you play The Four Horsemen ? Play it at least until the Portal Sequence, because the mansion part is beautiful. I am not sure it has the very original look you are looking for, but holy moly it's very well done. Key to Freedom also has some very creative mapping, and it's also a great mod to play according to the reviews (mine crashed for no reason ;n; ).

Robosprog's mapping is also worth being mentioned, he uses fogareas to create a very special atmosphere in his mod. He made a very creative mansion are in his sins of the father remake, this area is really worth playing, or at least looking at in your editor.

I'd suggest the portal sequence from The four horsemen, the mapping/detailing of Key to Freedom, as well as the mansion map from Sins of the Father.

Good luck : ) !

EDIT : Romulator got a point there as well ! I noticed that adding a small piece of wood to a piano made it able to hold an opened book. That was an original way to make the piano a bit more realistic and original : 3.

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2014, 04:01 PM by daortir.)
01-25-2014, 03:59 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia - Looking for custom objects - by daortir - 01-25-2014, 03:59 PM