Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.1 Average
Work in progress In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod

(08-16-2014, 02:42 AM)Robosprog Wrote: I think you need to actually read the thread to see who the people were that started the "chaos" as you called it. Juras refusing to accept criticism then acting condescending to anyone who dared question him.
Quote:Lol. Thing is pal,
You're usually a fairly reasonable person, but please, right now you're being nonsensical if you think that I am here to cause chaos. You need to look at Frunken Productions, their attitudes, and values - especially how they acted in this thread - and realize that these people you are working with are just generally assholes too. They refuse to acknowledge mistakes unless it's layered with so much honey that it's sickening. The fact that they try and shift blame - as you are helping them do here - to the people who did give them criticism.
When people say "I'D LIKE TO SEE HIM/YOU DO BETTER" then we go into JetlinerX territory.
The territory of people who just foamed at the mouth and then, luckily for us, ran away after a very short but violent reaction.
Quote:it makes me thing if I should even share with the community the three new monsters that I made after we're done with this mod..
Juras's attempt to guilt trip us all was also pathetic, saying how he was reconsidering releasing these assets to the community after we dared criticize them.
I saw this frequently in this thread. This type of reaction. Observe, if you will, the fact I waited until I was directly called out. And even then, I was pretty reasonable. I explained "Yeah, this is what happened, and I did something similar - it can be done."
Only to then be attacked again, with people later saying "WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PROVE" after asking me too.
I'm sorry, but when you accuse me of being the one causing chaos, you're just bordering on insanity here. Anyone who took a good look through this thread can see that every action that could be deemed bad was in response to an even worse action, or more appropriately, reaction, by Frunken Productions.

You haven't been as active on these forums as long as I have, and I haven't been on these forums as long as others - yet in my time here, I've seen groups like this come and go many times. Tenebris Lake, springs to mind. People who act like this frequently, only to have the community not respond well, and it creates an argument, shit is slung by either side, and neither ends up looking good for the cameras. I am sick of it.

I see this cycle repeat so many times, and no matter how I try and approach it, from joking, to aggression, to being reasonable, the result is the same - they act like they have been shot. They cannot accept any fault.
Usually, they'll leave after releasing the mod. Honestly, I become colder every time I see that. Because in reality, if these people had just learnt not to act the way they did, to act properly, they would have been welcomed into the community, they would have learnt so much. I know a fair number of people on these forums have an intense dislike of this group for their behavior.
And honestly, this is the exact same as all those other cases.
You won't know this as well as I do. But you're interacting with that group of people - all the symptoms are there. Symptoms that can be cured if they only accept that they exist.

And yes, what plagues these groups is an illness, because that is the only way I can describe that attitude. It is like looking at myself in a mirror, except with my ego, my habit to brush off criticism I disagree with contorted and made as giant as monsters. My worst qualities represented so much larger than I would ever like them to be in myself. This is why I see it so easily, because I share some of those qualities after all this time, if they are not as pronounced.
Maybe this is why I feel so personally involved when these conflicts happen. I know Wapez will say it's to make me feel better about myself, or because I'm some asshole, but in all honesty, it's neither of those things - though I certainly won't claim I try and intervene because I'm a good person.

This disease does have a cure, and honestly, I hope Frunken find it before they release their mod, because it will help a lot, and because the inevitable fall is after they release their "big" mod as I know this is at least, not Wapez's first mod.

Alright doctor, outside of this thread it was, yeah?

EDIT:
If a moderator could clean this thread up I'd appreciate it, by the way.

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2014, 03:04 AM by Wapez.)
08-16-2014, 02:52 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by Wapez - 02-05-2014, 05:46 PM
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by AGP - 06-11-2014, 05:15 AM
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by AGP - 06-13-2014, 08:04 AM
RE: In Lucy's Eyes - Full Conversion Mod - by AGP - 07-23-2014, 09:13 PM