Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra the Movie : Who would be your ideal cast ?
Petike Offline

Threads: 35
RE: Penumbra the Movie : Who would be your ideal cast ?

(12-22-2008, 06:19 AM)Tommy Gun Wrote: mhmm, yeah, i mean, every single game based movie has gotten under 2.5 out of 5.
Tomb Raider
Doom

you name it, they're all crappy. Last i heard, the following games are going to be made into movies:
Bioshock - early stages
Lost planet - very early stages
Prince of persia - sands of time- early to mid development.

-and-

God forbid...

The adaptation of Max Payne was... simply PAIN (pun intended, it's present in the protagonist's name anyway). Maybe not the most craptastic of game-based movies, but still flawed in many ways (atmosphere and music were good, but bye bye quality storytelling...). I blame the director (just look at the other flicks he's directed so far... eww...). :razz:

(12-22-2008, 05:22 PM)Kedjane Wrote: Video game movies are meant to fail.
You hear all the time about movies like Bioshock, Gears of War.. but they never seem to release. There are like 15 video game movies that are "on hold". I wish there could be just ONE good video game movie.

One of the reasons, why they fail is... that the director and whole staff don't take the making of this kind of adaptation as seriously as any other adaptable work of art (yes, good games are art, aren't they ?). The other reason might be the simple incompatibility or natural competition of two quite different types of media.

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
12-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread