The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annoying short freezes at each event
JohnnyGui Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago Annoying short freezes at each event

Hey all,

First of all, I have checked the troubleshooting guide but nothing there fixed my problem.

Am I the only one who is having these very short (<1 second) but very annoying freezes whenever something happens during gameplay? These short freezes happens whenever I light my lantern, opening doors, jumping or crouching for the very first time each time after I load and continue my saved game. After the first time, the freezes that are bound to these actions are gone.

However, there is an even more annoying very short freeze that always happens the second before an event takes place such as a monster appearing, doors blowing open, boulders falling down, the shadow appearing etc etc. It's kind of a pity since this actually ruins the surprise/shock of an event. I have seen gameplay videos and quite a lot of people are having this. For some reason, it makes me think it has something to do with the sound of the events that needs time to be played. I read somewhere that changing the buffersize value may help but I don't have any idea how and what to change it to.

I am quite surprised since I have quite a good gaming pc. I have the latest nvidia WHQL drivers and have verified the game cache files in Steam. Lowering the graphics settings also didn't do anything.

Specs: Windows 8.1 Pro, GTX 660Ti, 8 GB RAM, 3570K CPU (stock)

I'd appreciate it a lot if someone could fix this for me.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2014, 03:43 AM by JohnnyGui.)
02-15-2014, 03:43 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Annoying short freezes at each event - by JohnnyGui - 02-15-2014, 03:43 AM
RE: Annoying short freezes at each event - by Red - 02-21-2014, 05:41 PM