The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help regarding hand models/hand objects
CielsTenebreuse Offline

Threads: 2
Help regarding hand models/hand objects

Tutorials/help on customized stuff is hard enough to find as it is, but regarding changing the lantern/light source and the hand position used I have come up completely empty. I did see the page on how to change the default lantern's color but nothing more than that. Basically, I am using the same hand model and one of the objects from the game as the light source for a story I want to make, so I don't need to create new models or anything. The animation is also simple, you raise it up in the palm of your hand and back down when you want it "turned off." So, let's say the "lantern" in question is a box (it's not a box, but for now we'll say it is), here is my terribly drawn but accurate enough MS Paint demonstration of what I am basically looking to make:

[Image: 2dnvis.png]

Problem is, I have no idea how hand models actually work. I have not found any information as to what the various file names do, how the hand model and hand object connect, being in two separate folders, how the animations work, and I've also tried looking at, say, the files for the flashlight model and the way the files are laid out seem to differ from that of the default one in the game, making this more confusing - unless those are files to replace certain ones in the default one's folder, I may have to look back then that would make more sense. But then there are still issues like how the lantern is actually two separate parts, the handle, and the lantern itself, whereas some others I see, like the flashlight or the candle used in the one custom story (I forget its name, EDIT: I know now, it was When Life No Longer Exists) are one-piece items, like how I want mine to be.

So, are there any tutorials out there to show how this works, or maybe some advice as to what to do (I already have the lighting for my "lantern" set up and everything, but have no way to find out how, or even if it works or not).

Btw I am trying to stick with Blender for this, so no advice if it's for popular yet too-pricey-for-me programs like Maya or anything, please. Smile
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2014, 08:55 AM by CielsTenebreuse.)
02-27-2014, 08:51 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Help regarding hand models/hand objects - by CielsTenebreuse - 02-27-2014, 08:51 AM