Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Do the lights that the player can carry in the game have a defined position?
jorgeas80 Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Do the lights that the player can carry in the game have a defined position?

(03-04-2014, 11:15 AM)Romulator Wrote: Deadon, it's using HPL1 - Which is for Penumbra.

I cannot help much here, because I don't use Penumbra or HPL1, but I believe if anything has a light source on it as an entity, there would be a defined area for it relative to it's model's xyz = 0 co-ordinates, not the player's model.

I would try to confirm this, but it would require me getting Penumbra using... unnecessary tactics, which I will not mention here. I am only saying this because from Amnesia's aspect, examining every model, there is a light source which will illuminate a general area. On Amnesia's lantern itself, there is a light source in front of it by a few z co-ordinates and illuminates the surrounding area of the player.

That makes total sense. The flashlight is just a 3D entity with the shape of a flashlight with a light source on it.

Ok, I'm learning a lot. Now, just need to know where, in the code, do those "moving" lights update their position. I guess it's the same code where the player (who carries the flashlight) update its attributes.

Thanks!
03-04-2014, 12:52 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do the lights that the player can carry in the game have a defined position? - by jorgeas80 - 03-04-2014, 12:52 PM