Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

How to know if an object is blocking my view of a light
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: How to know if an object is blocking my view of a light

This is how I interpreted your question. If I am wrong, I apologise.

Well, the most obvious thing is that if a solid object is between you and a light, you get a shadow.

[Image: 28.105.3.1.GIF]

Where the light source is, try creating a spotlight which points off in a certain direction or interest, with cast shadows set to on. If light passes through the static_objects (I think static objects, and some entities cast shadows), the shadow will be created for you.

Bear in mind though, that your room, although it does not have a global light source, a well lit room will produce little to no shadow.

This is where shadow is used incorrectly, because the room is too bright for the shadows (Notably the candlestick near the back wall should compensate for that wall shadow above it):
[Image: P05sg4C.jpg]
Source: Helena

This one is used correctly. Little light coming in from the window and the boundaries of the light can be defined, but the gobo (found in spotlight settings) is there and shows the window frames in a shadowed form.
[Image: 3951328DF271B1BE8CBA3C207A440CB1A73C0742]
Source: Screenshot Criticism Thread

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
03-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to know if an object is blocking my view of a light - by Romulator - 03-17-2014, 11:36 AM