Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think I should stop making a custom story?
THomura Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Do you think I should stop making a custom story?

All of those replies are totally right! And think of it this way: the design is only a small portion of your story. Writing and Scripting play a major role in the execution of your story, so even if you only have a limited number of designs to work with for walls and ceilings, if you are successfully able to immerse the player in a riveting story or a beautiful (or horrifying) environment then it doesn't matter.

If it really is bugging you, however, there are quite a few mods out there that people have made to add new items and entities and walls to the game, and as long as you credit them for their hard work they're more than happy to allow you to use them to switch up your custom story a bit. And if you'd rather not go to the trouble of downloading a ton of stuff, then play around with the scale and position of what entities and objects you have available. I've seen people make some absolutely gorgeous environments with the same amnesia entities you see in every custom story.

Just have fun with it!
03-25-2014, 05:09 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you think I should stop making a custom story? - by THomura - 03-25-2014, 05:09 AM