Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia Custom Story's: ALIENS/EDWARD SCISSORHANDS?
4thcoming Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Amnesia Custom Story's: ALIENS/EDWARD SCISSORHANDS?

Thanks everyone that replied on here! Been bust, finally got back to reading this
and I will consider making a CS first before a mod.

(04-23-2014, 04:59 AM)Amn Wrote: 1. Absolutely.
2. Making models yes, hard. Importing not that much but you gotta learn some stuff anyways.
And it's not easy to find free models and/or get permission to use them.
3. Not if you want a simple castle+notes mod.
4. If you wanna make good stuff you gotta read a lot.
5. Mark never plays my mods :mad:

Thank you so much for this advice and hopefully if Mark
is interested in your mod(s) he will play it/them someday!

(04-23-2014, 09:33 AM)Mudbill Wrote: 1. Anything is possible, it's only limited by your imagination and creativity.

2. Importing textures is pretty simple, but if you want to create your own models, that will probably take time to learn. Depending on how much custom stuff you want, I'd say it could be difficult for a starter, but by all means possible.

3. I was quite surprised how simple things were to understand when I first started. It's not difficult to get an understanding of how the tools work, but it will require some thinking and skill to create a logical level. I suggest starting with a CS before a mod. They are easier. All you really need to make a functional story are some maps to play, some scripts to go along, and some of the files you'll need for the story. You can make use of the default assets as much as you'd like.

Thanks for the advice here!
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 04:21 PM by 4thcoming.)
04-28-2014, 04:19 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia Custom Story's: ALIENS/EDWARD SCISSORHANDS? - by 4thcoming - 04-28-2014, 04:19 PM