The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to co-operate mod development with developers running different OS ?
DarkDimensions Offline

Threads: 3
How to co-operate mod development with developers running different OS ?

Is it possible that two developers (level designers) running different operating systems i.e one on Windows and other on a Mac OSX do the development in association ? Suppose I'm running Windows 8.1 and other person (we're working on the same CS) is running Mac OS, then is this possible that we can still develop the mod as if we were both running Windows.I mean if the other guy designs some maps in his level editor than would I be able to open them in the same way I'd open them as if I had developed them on my computer.
I'm asking this because I think paths are a little bit different among both OS's and I have never used Mac, not even pressed a key on a Mac PC.

Update : To explain in more deep what the actual thing is.

I'm not worried about file extensions since I'm completely sure that both OS's have *.map and *.hps as level backbones.A typical level design document would definitely have some lines like,

<FileIndex_Entities NumOfFiles="22">
                <File Id="0" Path="entities/Realm Of Death/Doors/Castle Gate.ent" />
                <File Id="1" Path="entities/ornament/banners/banners01/banner_short01.ent" />
                <File Id="2" Path="entities/ornament/banners/banners02/banner_long02.ent" />
                <File Id="3" Path="entities/lamp/chandelier_large/chandelier_large.ent" />
                <File Id="4" Path="entities/lamp/chandelier_nice/chandelier_nice.ent" />

The thing that has got me worried is about the paths used by both OS's i.e
Quote:entities/lamp/chandelier_large/chandelier_large.ent
, for this one is from Windows installation of Amnesia.
So the actual question is, are these paths (just above) same in every level design document or they are specific to a particular OS ?
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2014, 08:48 PM by DarkDimensions.)
05-09-2014, 08:26 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
How to co-operate mod development with developers running different OS ? - by DarkDimensions - 05-09-2014, 08:26 PM