Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Emma's Story Part II - Emma's Nightmare FULL RELEASE!!
python79 Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Emma's Story Part II - Emma's Nightmare FULL RELEASE!!

Finished your mod, fantastic job ! Wink

My review :

Spoiler below!

A lot of varied environments, your exteriors were superb and the "shards trials" were a fun experience.

crimson shard : i appreciated that you did not make the platforming on hot lava extra tricky, there was almost no need to run and jump all the way, just to carefully choose your path with the many debris scattered around. Also nice how the collapsed bridge proved useful when making your escape from the grunt.

indigo shard : peaceful, dreamy environment. You teased the player a bit with your "cross the river but OOPS, i forgot to give you what you need first..." part. The green labyrinth was a true walk in the park, really greatly designed.
However, i CURSED you when i fell to my doom for the 10th+ time from the platform right before the pedestal (thanks again for the tip).

obsidian shard : the best part. The ambiant sounds coupled with the blurry effect added a lot to the oppressive atmosphere. Exploring the forest was a blast, it shows you put a lot of effort into it.

The final battle in the tower proved easy, but at least it was not frustrating, it's just a matter of keeping your cool and the victory is ensured.

The scenario had a great twist when it is revealed Emma "slept" for 40 years ! It justified the use of the ressources from a machine for pigs and the whole "new mansion of death" thing.
Note : that said, Emma's boyfriend should be an old bag by the time his corpse is found in the tower.

I see you couldn't resist to spawn some evil minions when they were expected the least (like the monster in the closet). At least those hallucinations were effective to keep the player on his toes, my heart didn't liked it though... Dodgy

To my mind, the only point that could have been better is the design of the mansion (especially in the prologue dream), some rooms and corridors were a tad too big and felt empty.

Overall, this mod proves you can almost make anything out of the amnesia engine. I give it a solid 8 out of 10.

Once again, a fantastic job. Big Grin

P.S. : the ending... was it really only a nightmare ? Confused

07-06-2014, 10:05 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Emma's Story Part II - Emma's Nightmare FULL RELEASE!! - by python79 - 07-06-2014, 10:05 AM