Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help [Solved, sort of] Grunt Not Disappearing
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34
RE: Grunt Not Disappearing

(06-19-2014, 02:51 AM)Mudbill Wrote: I see no reason for it to not work. If the grunt successfully follows the path, then the script is running fine. The only thing that can maybe be the issue, is the area the grunt collides with. Perhaps it's too small or something wrong with it? Did you modify it?

All I can think of is that the "disable grunt" callback isn't called.

For some reason you managed to remind me to exhaust my options completely before I post my problems, which... is something I don't seem capable of doing when it comes to scripting with Amnesia. *Epic Facepalm*

I just set up a timer that disabled the enemy after a certain amount of seconds, and although the first time I put was a little too long, it worked.

For some reason my callback isn't calling for the enemy to be disabled, despite multiple attempts to copy and paste names from the level editor to the .hps file to prevent mismatched names. I've deleted the collide completely, and I'm going to time it so the grunt is disabled via timer.

Normally, I solve mysterious problems like these myself by exhausting my resources completely and going around those problems with other scripts, even though it might be unorthodox and taxing. This is one of the few occasions I didn't at first, but everything worked out in the end.

I feel a little embarrassed with myself that I posted this without even thinking about using other methods.

Now my only problem is finding out why the collide area didn't work...

06-19-2014, 03:15 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Grunt Not Disappearing - by Mudbill - 06-19-2014, 02:51 AM
RE: Grunt Not Disappearing - by MsHannerBananer - 06-19-2014, 03:15 AM