Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Proposal about Full Conversion mod setup
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Proposal about Full Conversion mod setup

(07-08-2014, 02:23 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Or, people could simply start creating isolated full conversions instead of FC's, and isolated full conversions seem to function from anywhere.

Yes, this works the same way as if I had run my example mod directly from the Amnesia root folder, I just figured it'd be better to collect them and keep them separated from the game's data files and other mods (even more than they already are).

@Amn
I don't think the custom_stories directory is added to the resourses.cfg file by default. I always have it there, but I also see many people having to fix that manually. For example those planes that keep disappearing when loaded from the custom_stories directory because it isn't added to that file. It would be sweet if FG added it by default though, I don't think there would be anything negative about doing so, as long as it looks there after looking in the main files, in case anything were to be replaced.

I actually did think about how an app could make this tons better as well. It sure would. A Mod Loader of sorts. It would be cool to see done, but it would only work for mods done this way, so perhaps not that many would end up utilizing it. Ah well, won't know without trying.

But wouldn't it be kinda confusing if both mods and CSs were in the same folder? It could be difficult to tell them apart without looking inside them. Perhaps that's just me.

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2014, 09:53 PM by Mudbill.)
07-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread