The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Tom, 2009-04-21, "Character Postmortem"
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Tom, 2009-04-21, "Character Postmortem"

Tom (writer for Penumbra) has written a little post mortem on Dr Swanson at his website here:

http://www.TomJubert.com/swanson

This is what Tom wanna say about the whole thing:
Quote:This is the first in a (potential) series of character development write ups for the Penumbra series.

I have no idea whether this level of development detail is of interest or not, but I hope it will, at the very least, provide some added background for the die hard Penumbra fan.

On a grander scale, it’s my feeling that although narrative design is an increasingly trendy area, it doesn’t often see the sort of detailed analysis afforded to design, art and code… I hope that by focusing not on what’s in the game, but why it’s there I might go someway towards correcting that.

Though her reviews were mixed and her role small, Amabel Swanson is, for me, a critical character in Penumbra: Black Plague. I hope after reading this, you’ll understand why.

If you have any feedback, questions or requests, please do let me know, either on the Frictional Games forums or at tjubert [at] gmail [dot] com

Thanks,

Tom Jubert
Freelance Narrative Designer, Penumbra Series

Enjoy!
04-21-2009, 06:29 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Tom, 2009-04-21, "Character Postmortem" - by Thomas - 04-21-2009, 06:29 PM