Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Mac Launching Problems (check patch above)
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Mac Launching Problems

Camillo,
I am familiar with what Icculus was referring to, however his little app is SOO much easier to use than lsregister (which I was using before, and was using to dump the contents of the cache).

Now, as for this time machine file.. That's strange that it ended up in the DMG. The machine I created the install on has time machine disabled, BUT the "laptop" which is running into the issue does have time machine enabled. So I wonder....

Now, I even went as far as doing a completely Clean build of Overture and running it on the laptop... Same issue. this is getting very weird.

Oh, and I've already removed the quarentine xattr and it didn't fix anything at all Sad

It's also strange that Overture seems to "break" more than BP or Requiem.. and they are nearly identical code bases. Now there could be some issues with the launcher.. I'm going to revisit the launcher code and see if I can find anything in there.

Anyways.. Thanks everyone for all your troubleshooting and patience with this one.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
07-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread