The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Ominous whispers and such
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
Ominous whispers and such

When I heard whispering in Penumbra, it never actually had an effect on me. If it was something intelligible, I didn't notice. It never heightened my sense of vulnerability at all, really, and just rather seemed a nuisance since it didn't ever actually mean anything.

When I used an artifact, I gathered I was somehow connected with the Tuurngait mind, yet I misunderstand how I can't clearly hear them then but I can clearly hear Clarence and the hive mind at the end of Black Plague. Maybe their communication wasn't directed at me, but it would have been more immersive if the tone of the whispering was changed as an infected was scouting around nearby or something of the like.

Maybe it's all in Latin or Danish or Swedish or Inuit or something and I just don't know any of those languages, but from what I could tell, it never really served much purpose more than to ominously tell the player that Phillip's going nuts in my opinion. Kinda like Alma, she's so passive and never threatens me in any way, and it really just pisses me off.

What I'm saying is that if something such as whispering is present in Lux Tenebras, I would vouch for it to have a bigger purpose than Penumbra's. If I go insane, it would be pretty darn silly to not actually hear the voices in my head. It's just so... boring when compared to the threatening and mindfucking nature of basically everything else in the game, at least to me.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2009, 06:06 AM by skyking22141.)
08-03-2009, 06:04 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
Ominous whispers and such - by Sexbad - 08-03-2009, 06:04 AM
RE: Ominous whispers and such - by Gunslingerjh - 08-18-2010, 08:07 AM
RE: Ominous whispers and such - by Yuhaney - 08-18-2010, 02:27 PM