Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the best thing about Custom Stories?
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22
RE: What is the best thing about Custom Stories?

I love seeing my vision come true.
This includes writing, mapping and scripting, although I have to say that I prefer scripting and storywriting.

Mapping is totally awesome, it's pretty much most important part of Amnesia, but the amount of work it requires is gruesome. Especially that I'm that kind of person that will fix details that LITERALLY noone will ever notice.
However, one thing I totally love to do in maps is lighting. It completely changes and sets the mood, and I'm a sucker for cool map atmospheres Big Grin

Writing is something that lets my imagination run wild. Also, implementing various small inspirations from my favourite games and books is awesome.

Scripting. Well, this is really tough sometimes, however putting my logic thinking and knowledge to use is always fun. And without scripting, maps are boring. Little digression here:
Spoiler below!

My first *failed* attempt to producing CS's consisted only of maps.
Nothing happened in them, I couldn't even make notes appear. I left modding amnesia for 1 year after that...

One thing I don't like is having do screw around with small parameters (for example in cutscenes).

Did I mention that modding enables me to publish my music ?
Experimental, ambient tracks that I enjoy making can have their home here, while noone would listen them otherwise.

TL;DR : I do like pretty much everything in making CS. I love when everything in a game comes together and creates an original atmosphere. I hate having to spend so much time to achieve that.

06-15-2015, 07:28 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the best thing about Custom Stories? - by Darkfire - 06-15-2015, 07:28 PM