Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra series, underrated and overlooked ?
rosedragon Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Penumbra series, underrated and overlooked ?

Hello,

I just spot the game after venturing from twitter that talks about the recent frictional blog post. I tried the demo and it makes me curious but the current controls of the game hinder me from purchasing.
- I took a lot of time to learn breaking the ice from the hatch. Just to easy to miss hit.
- I took another lot of time to open the hatch, it seems so hard to turn it until I put my character in right angle.
- The flashlight battery limit is unfair to me since I am a slow player. Typical old woman that appreciate adventure genre from its 'take your time to think'.
- There is no visual difference beside cursor change between objects that moveable, destroyable, and uninteractable. A wooden barrel could be destroyed but wooden cabinet is not.
- can't adjust mouse sensitivity.
- I have to put contrast and brightness on my old CRT monitor to full and that hurts my eyes.
- the demo end me in shocked bitten to death by a dog. I feel like 'what? I just venture around without clue nor experience something fun and then game over?'
03-29-2010, 10:06 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Penumbra series, underrated and overlooked ? - by rosedragon - 03-29-2010, 10:06 AM