Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Novel
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Novel

Yeah, it's been discussed before I think.
It would be nice, but noone would do it. It would be cool if someone wrote just a small side-story story though, written from the perspective of one of the workers at the time of the outbreak or something like that. With there working like 60 people (I can't remember, was it more?) I'm sure a lot of stuff happened at the outbreak. I think one of the first notes in Black Plague say something about a bunch of survivors gathering up and trying to escape, then splitting up and stuff.

I guess someone could write a fanfiction but since we have no map over anything not visited in the games (the actual size of the Shelter, where the "endless" mining tunnels someone wandered off into are or where the old ruins-place is) the writer would have to make a few places up or set it all in places Philip visited. We do know a bit about the different characters though and there are plenty of names in the game, plus making character's names up isn't as bad as adding a whole new section to the Shelter if the devs just had planned it to be the two corridors areas we saw in Black Plague (that and the outdoor area is pretty much all there is in Black Plague, or is it?).
We also know very little about the outbreak, but I guess people started going nuts and that's it.
To write a good fanfiction the devs would have to spill some sort of neat "extra" to work into the story, like a map or exactly how something happened, how Tuurngait transformation works etc.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
11-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Novel - by Tombo - 11-14-2009, 12:48 PM