The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Community Updates/Features Requests for HPL3 Editors
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
Community Updates/Features Requests for HPL3 Editors

While we are all experimenting with the new Editors for HPL3. This thread will be a compilation of requested "Updates/Feature Requests" from the community.

Remember that Frictional Games can't add everything that we want, so I ask that you try to follow this guideline for your suggestions...

• Keep it short, if you can't explain it in a sentence or two. It's probably not worth the trouble!
  • Try writing down features that you see in other Editors. If they have it, it's probably for a good reason!
  • Your suggestions should be for actions that are used frequently, not the one-off case for your special need. Many of us should be able to say "Good idea, that would help out my workflow a lot!"

If you feel like a suggestion has a workaround, is already implemented or isn't necessary. Voice your opinions! I'll be posting any of your suggestions in the OP.

I would ask that "Issues or Bugs" be directed to https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-30758.html
------------------------------------------------------------

These ones are specifically missing from HPL2. (That I can tell)

(1) The "Rand. Scale" & "Rand. Rotate" are gone, any chance adding them back in?

(2) The "Polygon Count:" is missing also, this one was very useful.

(3) The "BB Size:" is missing, I never used it. But I can see it being helpful as a way to judge size before testing it out.

(4) I always found the Cyan ball that was always in the center of your screen to be helpful in figuring out where you were at all times.

These are new ones

(5) All Editors should have the same Window functionality. For example, the ModelView still can't be re-sized and the X button still doesn't work. (Please with a cherry on top!)

(6) The different Editors could do with some Unique Icons, they all share the same blank document looking one. When you have so many open on your Tray, its sometimes a Russian roulette pain trying to find the one your after.

(7) It would be nice if we could launch the Editors right from each editor. (No more clicking through File Explorer). It would just be a Menu Bar item with a pull-down for each one.

(8) Re-sizing the "Thumbnails" panel and changing their size (Small, Medium Large, etc) to help fit my 4k monitor would be appreciated. So much more real-estate to use and conquer!

(9) The "Posing" feature really needs a "Confirmation Dialogue" when exiting out of Pose mode. I've been trying to pose all these cables and I'm spending 2-3 times the amount of work because I'm accidentally hitting "1" by accident or on reflex. Which cancels the Pose mode, and I'm getting sick and tired of losing my work.

(10) Global rotation
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2015, 06:19 PM by Rapture.)
09-23-2015, 06:44 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Community Updates/Features Requests for HPL3 Editors - by Rapture - 09-23-2015, 06:44 PM