Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta

Sirandar Wrote:But really this is a matter of faith, not in God but Frictional as a developer. I see their mastery and potential as a developer, otherwise why would I bother posting here. But I felt manipulated in Soma, not by the story or the situation, but by Frictional itself. I brings me absolutely out of the game when this happens. It is something devs should strive to avoid.

Throughout this entire situation, you have continually insisted that a no-win situation, a moment where the protagonist that you're protraying cannot achieve a goal without seriously compromising their morals, is unrealistic, and therefore breaks your immersion. I simply cannot believe that you're unaware of how commonplace such circumstances are.

Honestly it is more unbelievable that Simon was able to make it this far at all, that there were solutions to all of his obstacles, instead of some impassible, impossible wall, some dumb luck that made everything truly hopeless. Every problem makes the game more realistic, and such a problem that has only a compromising, morally-uncertain solution, is very plausible.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 11:10 PM by hollowleviathan.)
10-01-2015, 11:08 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta - by hollowleviathan - 10-01-2015, 11:08 PM