Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[HPL3 WIKI] What kind of tutorials/pages would you like to see?
Neelke Offline

Threads: 82
RE: [HPL3 WIKI] What kind of tutorials/pages would you like to see?

(10-10-2015, 11:59 PM)TheGreatCthulhu Wrote:
(10-09-2015, 06:08 PM)The Mug Wrote: EDIT: http://root.cern.ch/root/html/TString.html
if this information is relevant for SOMA

Big Grin I don't think that's the case.
The TString type you linked to is from something called ROOT - a library used by particle physicists. I happen to have a friend who is a physicist, and I was helping him write some code that uses ROOT, so this is how I know. Big Grin
Also, if you look at the URL, it has CERN in it - the organization that operates the Large Hadron Colider (LHC) that was used to discover the Higgs boson.

The tString the game uses is a string type provided by the HPL3 engine itself, and it's declaration can be found in hps_api.hps (search for "class tString").

P.S. For those who know a bit about C++, I'm guessing that the "t" prefix stands for a typedef, and that the tString is probably an exported typedef of some C++ string type - like std:Confusedtring. There's also a tWString, which I'm guessing could be a typedef of std::wstring.

Hm. Well I guess I gotta look into these custom classes. Once I've bought the game.. >.>. But why would you need a type definition? Sorry if I sound stupid.

Derp.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2015, 12:08 AM by Neelke.)
10-11-2015, 12:07 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [HPL3 WIKI] What kind of tutorials/pages would you like to see? - by Neelke - 10-11-2015, 12:07 AM